Spring 2011 Newsletter Volume 3 Number 1
Troubleshooting Air Conditioning
We often get asked by our customers, “Is there anything I can check, before having Pharo make a trip out to my house?” The answer is yes and we have included these simple things to try before calling:
- Check to make sure that your thermostat is set to the “Cool” position.
- Make sure that your desired temperature setting on the thermostat is set below the indoor temperature showing on the thermostat.
- Ensure that there is power to the thermostat.
◦ Turn the fan to the “On” position on the thermostat. If your furnace fan turns on, then there is power.
◦ If the fan doesn’t turn on, try replacing the batteries in the thermostat. (If there are batteries; not all thermostats have batteries)
- Check the circuit breaker or fuse at the electrical panel.
- Check the switch located on the side of your furnace. Is it turned ‘On’?
◦ Most furnaces will have a switch installed on the side of the furnace for service purposes. Your furnace needs power in order to distribute the conditioned air.
- Has your furnace filter been changed recently?
◦ Dirty filters can shut down the furnace due to not having enough air moving through the system.
◦ Also, a dirty filter will decrease the efficiency of your system.
- Check all return air grilles to make sure they are not blocked by furniture.
◦ Your system needs to pull air from these returns in order to operate.
◦ Blocking return grilles will also cost you efficiency as the equipment needs to work harder.
- Check the outside condensing unit (air conditioner) to make sure it is not packed with debris.
◦ It is important to remove all lint, cottonwood seed, grass clippings, etc. from the air conditioner. By keeping the exterior fins clean, you’ll boost efficiency.
Checking these few items could possibly save you a service call! In the event your air conditioning is still not working properly, remember that you can always call Pharo Heating & Cooling for assistance, as we have 24 hour service, 365 days a year.
What’s New at Pharo Heating & Cooling…
Have you seen some significant changes at your work and/or home in the past few years? I’m guessing your answer is yes, as we’ve all had to make some major changes to the way we go about our lives through the past few years. That is no exception to Pharo Heating & Cooling, as we’ve had to work harder than ever the past few years to continue providing our customers with quality knowledge, products, and service.
We wanted to fill you in on some of the changes we’ve recently encountered around here. First, we would like to congratulate and welcome back our friendly receptionist, Madelyne, after taking some time off to spend with her baby girl Kalea!
Another topic we’re excited about is receiving the 2010 Super Service Award from Angie’s List! Angie’s List is an organization that provides a portal for sharing your experiences about companies you’ve worked with. It‘s a great place to read quality reviews and find the right company to work on your home.
To those of you that are not subscribing members to Angie’s List, check out and post reviews at CustomerLobby.com. We recently added this service as a place for our customers to view and post reviews to let us know how we are doing. To get to these reviews you can go to PharoHeating.com, and click on the Customer Lobby link (pictured right) in the upper right corner of our website.
We would like to thank those of you who have contributed to our great reviews and look forward to hearing from the rest of you!
Another change we’ve taken on over the past few years is participating in home product shows, such as the Madison Home Expo at the Monona Terrace and Home Products Show at Alliant Energy Center. These shows have allowed us to meet some of you, share our products and services, and provide a little more knowledge as to what we do.
We are continually looking for new ways to improve the products and services we offer and are excited about what lies ahead. If there is anything we can do to help make your home or office a little more comfortable, please don’t hesitate to call on Pharo!